Today's reading: Psalm 34
"The Lord redeems his servants;
no one will be condemned who takes refuge in Him." NIV
A quiet day. Morning church and a long afternoon nap. This evening as I write curled up in my overstuffed chair, kitty sits upon my feet purring.
The sky is cloudy, covering the rising of the Pleiades and the setting of Sagitarius. I will not see Orion rise upon the horizon, and it is unlikely that I will see Venus from my stairwell window in the early morning. The moon would be a waxing crescent setting in the west.
I stoked the wood stove today. The children and the kitties thanked me by gathering around to warm their toes. Outside, the air was damp and cool. The leaves are falling. The fields are being harvested. Autumn in all its glory has come.
Life is good.
9 comments:
Hi Jean!!!
Welcome to blogland!
You say re-opened...I didn't know you ever had a blog before other than your wonderful Fairview site!
Life *is* very good, indeed!
Hi, Donna!
My 1st one had homeschool schedules only. This one will be more of a daily diary...I hope :-)
How wonderful that you are blogging! I will be adding you to my favorites... come and visit me soon!
Sherri in ON
www.upsaid.com/aptghomeschool
I'll look forward to reading as often as you feel like posting. I enjoy your website, so a blog will be a great treat!
Your comment about warm toes around the wood stove brings back memories. We had a wonderful stove when I was growing up and we spent many evenings gathered around it playing card games.
Crissy
Jean~ I've enjoyed the Fairview site many times and look forward to reading your *daily* musings. ~wink~ Sunday naps are the best, aren't they? Oh, for a wood stove! Welcome back to the blogworld! God is good!
Oh Jean, I'm sure everyone will love your blog. It will be on my daily read!
How lovely, Jean. Like a breath of fresh air.
Can I come warm my tootsie at your wood stove?
Susu
Er...that should be tootsies....lol
Susu
Hooray! I will visit often!
Post a Comment