Thursday, May 19, 2005


A new set of lawn ornaments! Last year I had a little calf who always walked through the fence to nibble on the grass in my back yard. This year I can look out and see 5 or 6 of them wandering around my back yard. Cute, but I don't particularly like what they leave behind! Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moonbeam’s calf only leaves "natural" fertilizer. Also since the lawn mower is broken, they are providing a valuable service.

Husband in Wisc.

Di said...

And so much cuter than a plaster flamingo, don't you agree?

Diane

Kim said...

We were driving into town yesterday,and we saw some calves frolicking with their mothers and my kids all said they reminded them of you and yours. Wish I could have a chat with you on your swing and enjoy your lawn ornaments.

Jean in Wisconsin said...

Kim,
Will you be coming through Wisc. this Year? I'll scrape the bird droppings off the swing in honor of you...:-)

Diane,
There is a house in town that decorates their lawn with plastic pink flamingoes. It is a huge, old house with large porches and neatly tended lawn and landscaping. Stuck in the middle of the shrubs around the front porch are the bright, pink birds. I always wonder who placed them there and if there is a story that goes along with them!