Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday's Thursday Three

O.K. I thought yesterday was Wednesday. Today we will do the Thursday Three since, to me, today is Thursday. (I know. I’m getting old and eccentric. Live with it.)

1. What is your favorite color?

I like green for grass and blue for skies, yellow suns, and many colored kitty cats. I look best when wearing pinks, purples, red-blues, and “summer” colors.

2. Do you plan to take a vacation this summer? Where?

We will probably do state fair. I doubt we will get much further away from the cattle, corn, soybeans and cats. I’d like to go to Vermont and travel up into New Brunswick and Nova Scotia…some day.

3. Tell about something you did and regretted.

Last night at about 4 in the morning a huge catfight got my son and me up. We found that one of the big, nasty neighborhood tomcats had treed our little Betelgeuse. Since we normally use an old, worn out b-b gun (at a distance so as not to do real harm) to discipline nasty toms, we tried to target the rear end of this visiting monster. The cat then crawled down the branch and hung in the tree like it was dead.

NOOOOO! I didn’t mean to hurt him! I just wanted him to get away from my kitten!

This morning my husband tells me he was hunting along side the road as usual. Nasty beastie!
Blessings.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Jean!

1. Favourite color - blue and shades of blue, periwinkle, slate.

2. Holiday plans? I don't know. We're house hunting, so that puts a damper on holiday ideas. Perhaps in September we'll do something.

3. Regrets? Oh, many, many, many. One time, I tried to get my windows out to wash, and I must have been pulling too hard, because the window shattered into pieces. I knew I should have waited for help.

Pilgrim said...

1.Favorite color: green. I look good in teal, and not so bad in (today's) salmon.
2.Holiday plans, not sure. My husband has just taken a week off work for jury duty, so that may crimp the whole summer's vacation plants. Maybe a weekend to Amish country.
3. I checked blogs rather than my calendar this a.m. Thinking my son's dental appt was 10:15 rather than 9:30, we were late. The receptionists were not amused.
Also, bought more plants than I had time to plant early in the spring. I lost two pots of maiden grass, three strawberry plants, and a baptisia australis. (sp?)

Anonymous said...

Favorite Color: I always say pink but I usually buy reds and blues...I seem drawn to blue so maybe THAT is really my favorite color.

Vacation plans: We were supposed to take some mini-vacations this year. Don't know if that will happen BUT dh and I are taking a weekend at a B&B next weekend while the kiddies are at aunt and uncle's house.

Regrets: Way too many....I wish I had not suggested to someone I met online to move to my town...plus other regrets.

Amy said...

HI Jean,

1. Yellow, bright and sunny.
2. Well, I'm going to Boston next week for four days with my two sisters to see my brother. We're going to eat lobster and go sailing. With my DH and kids, I'm going on a cruise in late September (HSing bonus, cheaper rates when summer vacation is over!).
3. Regret. Well, let's see. There are lots, but I try not to dwell on them. But today I regret not buying my Bud's Father's Day gift in time. It's a fancy schmancy new grill, and now they can't get the one he wants for us until Tuesday. At least he'll enjoy the cashews from the children.

Sandy C. said...

1. Favorite color has always been blue. My daughter says I look really good in purple, though. I guess it's in the blue family....
2. Vacation: we are flying to Denver and then driving up to Yellowstone and Big Sky, Montana. I haven't flown in 15 years so this is a very big deal.....it coincides with a business trip for dh. Mid-July, I can hardly wait. I was in Yellowstone in July of 1965 (I was 5 years old!) so it's a 40th anniversary trip for me, coincidentally.
3. Regrets? Many, unfortunately. I regret giving my sister advice on her marriage (even though she asked me for it!). I advised her to work through it. She decided to file for divorce (no children, thankfully) and our relationship has never been the same.

Fun meme.