Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Wednesday Morning

8:00 a.m.
Cloudy. 50 degrees and damp.
I will have to check the calendar, but I'd guess today marks a 1st quarter moon. A week from today will be full moon with a complete lunar eclipse.

The sky is a uniform gray. The air is heavy and everything seems gloomy and wet and dark: a woman who no longer weeps, but goes through her day with a heavy heart.

And yet the birds sing. They give life to the rows of pines along the lane. No one has told them to hush as they flutter amidst the trees.

Sing, my soul, sing! Dance with the birds. There will be time for weariness and sorrow; leave that for another day. Today we will spin circles, laugh and sing. We will embrace life with hope.

Come! Who will dance with me?

Today's reading: Psalm 37
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. NIV

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'll come and dance, Jean, if only to keep warm! It's rainy and ugly today! I noticed, too, that birds still seem to sing in the rain. Kind of cheers things. I watched a Blue Jay this morning as it was pestering the neighbour's cat. He kept swooping down past it. Bold little creatures, aren't they?

Unknown said...

Your blog always leaves me with a sense of quiet... of peace. I am ready to snuggle in a comfy chair by a wood stove and watch the snow fall...only, I live in the balmy south, near the beach, and we almost never have snow...and I certainly don't have a wood stove! I'll have to just employ my imagination! Oh well, maybe I can entice you to come dance on the beach...the seagulls will join us!
Susu

Jean in Wisconsin said...

I dance on the Florida beach at my sister's last November. I'd come!

Jean