Saturday, November 20, 2004

A Mouse in the Dryer and Other Thoughts

Saturday :-)

I can't post a picture of my new do. I haven't figured out how to post a picture at all! I can't even download my new pages onto my web site. Love that Microsoft Service Pack 2. I wish I could delete it as easily as I downloaded it!

This morning I rolled out of bed in the early hours to feed my two hunters a little breakfast before they went out. After the scrambled eggs and pancakes were eaten, I did what I usually do on hunting days: I returned to bed. At eight o'clock, I finally decided it was time to brave the day. I mozeyed over to my computer and my dd, having slept in as well, came out of her room to announce that one of our Amish neighbors was galloping down the lane on a horse. Do you know how quickly a woman can go from robe to jeans?

The laundry is piling up. I was greeted by a little green mouse that rattles if you shake it this morning when I opened the dryer. Curious. I took the unusual piece of laundry and handed it to Snowflake, who was sleeping under my oldest son's bed, saying, "Here's your laundry, Snowie." There is a first for everything, I guess.

Here is a thought for the day. Blessings!

In Acceptance Lieth Peace

He said,"I will forget the dying faces
The empty places,
They shall be filled again.
Voices moaning deep within me, cease."
But vain the word; vain, vain;
Not in forgetting lieth peace.

He said, "I will crowd action upon action,
The strife of faction
Shall stir me and sustain;
O tears that drown the fire of manhood cease."
But vain the word; vain, vain;
Not in endeavor lieth peace.

He said, "I will withdraw me and be quiet,
Why meddle in life's riot?
Shut be my door to pain.
Desire, thou dost befool me, thou shalt cease."
But vain the work; vain, vain:
Not in aloofness lieth peace.

He said, "I will submit; I am defeated.
God hath depleted
My life of its rich gain.
O futile murmurings, why will ye not cease?"
But vain the word; vain, vain:
Not in submission lieth peace.

He said, "I will accept the breaking sorrow
Which God to-morrow
Will to His son explain."
Then did the turmoil deep within him cease.
Not vain the word; not vain:
For in Acceptance lieth peace.

----Taken from Toward Jerusalem
by Amy Carmichael




2 comments:

Kim said...

That's a lovely thought for the day, Jean!

I had a real mouse on my doorstep yesterday morning. Dead, but real. Isn't is nice that Pippin takes such good care of us?

Jean in Wisconsin said...

Cats are always so, er, generous? :-)