Friday, November 26, 2004

Watching

This morning I was looking out the window at the beauty of the gray fall day. The poem that tumbled out probably should be put away for a couple of days and then worked over again, but I'll post it anyway! Blessings!

Watching

Gray stretches from horizon to horizon,
Few are the leaves upon the trees.
The fields that were once green, vibrantly growing,
Stubble and chaff blown in the breeze.

Now thankfully we watch the harvest passing;
Crops again all safely gathered in.
The sky the hunter's moon already waxing;
The cold of winter's snow can now begin.

The seasons roll by silently and swiftly;
Watching from our window now we pray,
In the midst of hurrying and bustling
We will not miss the beauty of each day.
---Jean in Wisc.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Jean, Virginia and I were both saying yesterday how we found that we love the beauty of a cloudy fall day sometimes more than a sunny day. In the month of November, there is something really warm and comforting about being out and about in the cold, dim air and returning home to a toasty fire!

Jean in Wisconsin said...

ITA! I believe the days that are dark, cold, and barren allow my spirit to be quiet. They do not demand so much of me as a sunny summer day. And the woodstove is always there giving off its warth and pleasure!

Blessings!