Friday, July 08, 2005

She's Gone!

Sniff.

She packed most of her clothes and all of her make-up. Even though India Ink sat there watching her, swishing her tail back and forth to show that she did not approve of the suitcases being filled, my daughter continued to pack.

And now she’s gone.

My daughter is leaving for more than a week to take in the sites in Washington D.C. She’ll stay at the 4-H center there, and get to visit the White House, Capitol, Pentagon, Smithsonian, and lots of memorials. She’ll take in a dinner theater and do activities that will help them understand how the government is run.

Goodness! If you had the choice of staying home on the farm or going on such a busy trip, what would you choose?

Yeah, yeah. I’d go, too.

So now the rest of us have to exist without her. Her brothers will do her farm chores, and we all will work on taking care of her other responsibilities. Kitty, however, will probably decide that she does not want to sleep alone, so perhaps one of the boys will have company this week. Perhaps she will come to visit me, too, if Snowie is not there.

Snowflake probably will not miss her as much. Since India claims my daughter’s room, he rarely ventures into her domain. Anyway, he’s discovered a mouse living in our entryway to the basement, and all he can think about at night is mousing out there.

And the boys? Well, like all older sisters, she likes to tell her brothers what to do and how to do it, so they think they will have a peaceful week. What they don’t know is that I plan to do my spring cleaning, and they are going to be ordered around the house to help me do it. Ha!


If you think of it, say a prayer this week for their safety in the big city. Thanks.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Definitely will pray, Jean. I hope she has a wonderful time.

Jean in Wisconsin said...

Thanks, Kim. She called tonight--they had gotten on the bus and will be riding all night. For the young, I guess!

Donna Boucher said...

Isn't it wonderful when our children get to do really specila things :o)

I will keep Bethany in my prayers.

Emma has been at Lifefest since Thurs. morning. I miss her.

Donna

Di said...

I will pray!! My daughter goes on her first away from home trip next month, so I'll be asking for prayer then. It's a faith walk, for parents and children!

I hope she has a great time,
Diane

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mom

I finally found your blog. I had to look and look before I found it.

I am having a great time.

Bethany

Jean in Wisconsin said...

:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
What fun! Thanks for leaving a note.

Mom