Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Updates

A week ago we attended one of the area fairs. It rained and rained until everything and everyone was soaked. We still had fun.


A soggy boy and his cow, Rigel Posted by Picasa

And when we got home from that, I called my sister and found out that all of her children were going to be home, so we jumped into the car and headed to Florida. Thursday we packed the car and headed out. We made it about half way through Indiana. Friday we drove until we got to the southern end of Alabama. We negotiated Birmingham in rush hour traffic--do they always have multiple accidents there? Yikes! At the end of the day we encountered a rainstorm that made it hard to see the road and pulled off into a rest area—nearly full with other travelers who were doing the same. We crept down the road to a nearby town and found another hotel room so that I did not have to find my sister’s home in the dark.

By morning, we were all in better spirits, and we were at my sisters by 10:30 or so. We attempted to visit the beach but were rained out. In the evening there was a baby shower for my nephew and his wife—he will be shipping out to Iraq later this year. Sunday was a great day at the beach and time to chat with family. By Monday, the nephews had headed out and the house was growing quiet. We chatted until after lunch and then started the journey toward home once more.

That evening we had the chance to meet Dy and her family. How pleasant! I’m certain my children would not have sat at a restaurant at 9:30 at night letting me chat with others when they were that age! Such sweet, gentle folk—I hope to see them again on another trip south.

Shortly after 5 A.M. the next morning we were already on the road heading north. Fourteen hours later we were turning into our drive and greeting the kitties. I’m glad we went.

So now I’m back to blogland. I still need to clean my house and get ready for school, which is coming up too fast. Let me know what you have been doing lately!

Thank you for all your prayers for our safety. I really think I needed them! Blessings.

4 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Dear Jean,
Welcome home. I'll bet you are worn out!

So glad you had fun with your family and that you are safely home.

Love,
Donna

p.s. I ordered Biology and Algebra 2 from Rainbow on Sat. and it came yesterday! Oh that Algebra looks inpossible.

Kim said...

Oh, I'm jealous! You got to see Dy, and she got to see you!

I'm glad your trip was refreshing.

Pilgrim said...

I'm glad you're home safe! Missed that window into the country.

Dy said...

Jean, by your next trip, we will (should? hope to?) have a real home. Our door is open and y'all won't have to stay in a hotel. Plus, you'll have your very own allergy-friendly cooks at your disposal!

Thank you, again, for giving us a call. We enjoyed meeting you and the kids.

Dy