Wednesday, October 19, 2005

And So...

There are times I click on “comments” and I get a message that says I’m forbidden to access the page. Ooooookay. I wonder if this has been happening to any of you? If I hit “back” and try again, I usually can access the comments page. ???

Thanks for all your comments! I’ve been re-reading them and thought I’d try to respond to a few of them. I’m glad you enjoy my photos and little stories. It is fun to share them! It is also fun to read your little stories left as gift packages in my mailbox. Thanks!

Donna, you are going to have to find a time to bring Katie down to see the kitties. Tell her that they have never come to me with a sore paw that has a sliver in it, so I suppose their fur protects them. They all seem to enjoy hiding in the wood box!

Kim, is you kitty getting use to living in his new home? Are you? I suppose I should visit your blog more often and find out on my own, right? I’ve not been blog cruising at all lately. I have cut back on my computer time and it all just does not get done. Sigh.

Shakespeare has not returned and now Aslan is missing, too. It has been a hard year for the kitties! Thanks for all your responses to our little Citrus. When I count the cats to be sure they have all come for a meal, I recall all the ones we are missing and wonder…

Some day I should plan to have a Shades of White reunion and all of you could come to share s’mores around the campfire and time under the stars. I’ve always wanted to build an A-frame cabin overlooking the pond. Now wouldn’t that be a nice place to stay when you come to visit? I don’t think I’ll open a B&B, though, Jill. I’d rather have a little place I could retreat to when I needed some time alone.

Dy, the wonderful tanning process has come to an end. I guess the poor woodchuck remained too long in the frig and rigormortis set in. JM decided not to finish the task, and he buried it. He had planned to brain tan the hide. Sorry—no photos.

O.K. I need to go back to grading papers and learning logic. High school is a lot harder than the elementary years! I’m really enjoying the VP Omnibus. The Teaching Company’s Great Authors of the Western Literary Tradition have been very interesting, too. Now if only I could spend another 4 or 5 hours a day reading…


Blessings!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Kitty is adjusting just fine now. He's found his "favorite" spots in the house and has even braved the great outdoors a little more. We have a lot of very bold squirrels in our yard, and I think he was a little afraid of them, but he's getting braver now.

Treasured Grace said...

I would LOVE to come for a Shades of White Reunion. You would have to give me lots of notice so I could plan that. I think it might be a VERY long trip. (as I love in Western Canada, above Washinton State). But it's fun to dream.
I really love seeing the pictures you post of your farm in Wisconsin. It is so beautiful. My dd9 loves to see the pictures of your cats. LOL
Have a great day.
SA

Dy said...

Oh, we have had that happen here, too. You have to move quickly for it to work. I think we had rattle snakes in the freezer for a year - they made horrible bow limb covers after the frostbite set in. :-S

You know, I am planning a retreat for sometime when the Forever Home is finished. Among the obligatory materials to bring along are a few books to just sit. and read. and enjoy. :-) You need to kidnap Kim and come down south!

Dy