Friday, October 28, 2005


When I was out walking the other day, I stopped by the hen house. Although the nesting box could use a little more straw, the hens were faithfully laying--9 eggs from 9 hens! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean! I have always loved your posts on the Well Trained Mind website, and am enjoying your (new to me)blog. Thank you for your simple appreciation of everything that's good about the country life! Thanks for sharing it with others, I am a fellow "country girl" although we don't farm, we live in farm country and I picture in my mind your place as so much of it sounds familiar to me, a Michigan resident!

We have hens who are faithfully laying, also! I bought twelve hoping to get six good layers, and we lost one as a chick. Eventually, all eleven began laying so I did pretty well, don't you think?

Your website is a "cup of coffee" for me since I can't drink coffee anymore. It is refreshing and relaxing! Thanks so much!
Joni-MI