The house became quite cool last night, and I know that I had reached down and pulled the heavy quilt up over us sometime in the early hours. Snowie snuggled close to me until early morning, when I heard the jingle of his bell as he jumped off the bed, headed for the downstairs. There must not have been any little stuffed mice on the stairwell because I did not hear him scampering around on the wooden steps after he left.
The next time I opened my eyes, the windows were letting in the soft glow of early morning, telling me it would soon be time to rise. I rolled over, and much to my delight, I discovered there was a warm spot in the bed—the kind of spot that makes you pull your arms and legs up to be certain that you do not have them outside that comfort zone. It reminded me of childhood.
It is such simple things as this that makes winter my favorite season. A wood stove, a cozy down coat, a warm spot—all these things are simple pleasures that bring delight.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment