Ruffy says, "Hellooooo! The comments box has been very slooooooow. Is any one out there or are you all buried in snooooow?" Christmas got your tongue? LOL! Enjoy your 2nd week in Advent!
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Ruffy looks so much like a stray cat Jamie and I took in many years ago. Since we already had two cats and thought that was enough (ha!), we never planned on keeping him. Consequently he spent the rest of his life without an "official" name and was called "Mr. Cat." He was the sweetest lap cat I've ever known. Unfortunately he had feline leukemia when we rescued him and he only lived another three years. He looked just like Ruffy.
I grew up with a cat that looked a lot like Ruffy, and that is where she got her name. Both of my Ruffys have been wonderful lap kitties, too. In the genes? We lost a cat to FL, as well. Sniff.
My Horatio is getting quite puffy like you, Ruffy. Why in California, when "cold" is just below freezing? Who knows, but he is almost as cute as you (-:
Horatio is a stray that came to us over a year ago, Jean. We had my dearest cat put down right before vacation. I was so sad upon returning, knowing that Murphy wouldn't be there to say, "Welcome home!" What a surprise to find Horatio, sitting on the hillside observing us. We all agreed that we were on probation, and he had to decide if we were the family he wanted. Somehow, we passed the test. He is adored now. I love cats. Horatio is a children's book waiting to be written.
I am both the wife of an engineer-turned-farmer in the beautiful hills of Wisconsin and the homeschooling mom of 3 teenagers. We raise Simmental cattle and grow corn, and soybeans. We also raise chickens and turkeys for our own use and have laying hens. We are giving our children a Christian classical education,
and this is our 13th year of homeschooling. The night sky is my hobby. I sew, knit, bake bread, cook from scratch, grind wheat, garden, make soap and so much more! Also, I should not forget to tell you that we all love cats! Welcome!
4 comments:
Ruffy looks so much like a stray cat Jamie and I took in many years ago. Since we already had two cats and thought that was enough (ha!), we never planned on keeping him. Consequently he spent the rest of his life without an "official" name and was called "Mr. Cat." He was the sweetest lap cat I've ever known. Unfortunately he had feline leukemia when we rescued him and he only lived another three years. He looked just like Ruffy.
Jill
I grew up with a cat that looked a lot like Ruffy, and that is where she got her name. Both of my Ruffys have been wonderful lap kitties, too. In the genes? We lost a cat to FL, as well. Sniff.
My Horatio is getting quite puffy like you, Ruffy. Why in California, when "cold" is just below freezing? Who knows, but he is almost as cute as you (-:
Horatio is a stray that came to us over a year ago, Jean. We had my dearest cat put down right before vacation. I was so sad upon returning, knowing that Murphy wouldn't be there to say, "Welcome home!" What a surprise to find Horatio, sitting on the hillside observing us. We all agreed that we were on probation, and he had to decide if we were the family he wanted. Somehow, we passed the test. He is adored now. I love cats. Horatio is a children's book waiting to be written.
Happy Wednesday (or Thursday by now in Wisc)
~Diane
Where did you get the name Horatio. I love it!
Post a Comment