My mom came today for dinner. Bethany had made a turkey, mashed potato, asparagus, rhubarb pie extravaganza, so we called her over for a belated Mother's Day meal. John Mark went out to pick lilacs for Grandma, but chose to use a sharp knife that slipped and gashed the back of his thumb--and severed a tendon. So surgery is scheduled for 11:00 tomorrow morning.
I guess Jacob and I will need to pick up his farm chores. How am I to survive without my strong young man?
Sniff.
Jean
4 comments:
Oh Jean I am so sorry that happened to John Mark. Tell him I will pray and that I hope he makes a quick recovery.
SA
Jean, I didn't know about your husband taking a job, or about the uncertainty of your family farm. You are such a jewel and so precious to me, even though we've never actually met! I wish I lived near you for so many reasons... I've followed your stories about your life and your farm, the joys (I'll *never* forget your post about contentment found in being the tail lights for your husband) and the sad times, too (I particularly remember Kiss Me), you've opened your life and home and made it feel like home to me as well! I wish I were closer to you because I would love to have you for a mentor, and I would love to have the honor of being there to help you now while you're trying to juggle so many responsibilities. This world sure could use a lot more Jeans, that's for sure! My prayers for your son tomorrow, and for you and your family this summer. Lots of Love, Robin (in Tx)
I'll be praying for JM today, Jean.
Oh Jean...how awful!
I will pray for speedy healing.
Donna
Post a Comment