Monday, January 16, 2006

Still Blogging

I’m not sure what keeps me blogging—probably all of you who keep stopping by! I think the busy schedules my teenagers keep and slower pace of this gray-haired mother is showing. Although a few days of excitement are always welcome, I prefer the quiet of the farm in this season of my life. I received a seed catalog in the mail, and I thought it would be fun to curl up with it and start planning next year’s garden. Instead I curled up with Teaching Company tapes, Omnibus I, LLATL, Smarr, and Invitation to the Classics.

We’ve had a few new visitors stop by and leave a comment. Welcome! It is always fun to see what notes you’ve left in my box for me. Those of you who urge me to make a calendar—I need to look into it. Is it too late for this year? Hah—I’ve not even written my Christmas cards yet! Maybe “this year” is a little too hopeful!

I was outside playing basketball today. Other than a little mud, it was plenty warm. The sun was even shining. I was on the winning team, but then it helps when the tallest kid who can make baskets is on my team. How’s the weather where you are?

Blessings!


Thirsty? Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy said...

Jean, I would make the calendar be a school year calendar and start it in July. Most of your readers are homeschoolers anyway, right?

Dana in Georgia said...

I check in for the cat pictures and the peaceful spirit that your blog exudes.
It's rainy in GA today.
Dana

Dy said...

It's raining, and in the high 50's. Just right for little boys to head down to the creek, lured back only by the call to supper.

Perfect.
Dy