skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Stopping to Smell the Roses
Sitting in my big, green chair, the wind howls and moans around the corners of my house, a calming melody to me. Beneath it plays a deep rumbling purr from the blanket on my lap. During the night, a light covering of snow fell—just enough to whiten the drive and dust the deck. The pine tree boughs dance wildly outside my window, but within, my heart is calm; I am at peace.
“Let him do what he will, for he will do what is best; and therefore if God should refer the matter to me, says the meek and quiet soul, being well assured that he knows what is good for me better than I do for myself, I would refer it to him again. He shall ‘choose our inheritance for us’ (Psalm 47:4).” Taken from The Quest for Meekness and Quietness of Spirit by Matthew Henry.
Peace be with you.
A bleak winter day
No comments:
Post a Comment