I turned the furnace on last night to heat the upstairs rooms a bit. The wood stove on the other end of the main floor just wasn't quite enough. I wouldn't be surprised if it was down to zero during the night, but I think the wind has gone down.
This morning when I slipped into my robe and slippers to feed India and Snowie, I found my son in the sunporch with the tree lights on and all the cats inside to enjoy the hearth. (The cats are allowed in the sunporch if someone watches them.) No other lights were on, just the soft glow of the Christmas tree. Very nice.
Today we wrap presents, do some more baking (cut-out cookies!), and shop for Christmas dinner. What fun! I hope the skiff of snow does not disappear before Christmas; we'd take a little more, in fact.
Blessed Advent!
Wednesday Morning. +5 degrees. Brrrrr.
No comments:
Post a Comment