Perhaps we need to remember that this is a time to rejoice. As a Christian, I celebrate Christmas to remember that God gave up His rightful place to become a man so that our relationship with Him might be reconciled. We do not need tinsel or wrapping paper to understand this; I do think we could use more quiet and contemplation.
So what will you do to bring laughter into your home today? Shall we hug those we meet and give each of them a smile? Let us throw off all gloom and frustration with the holiday and embrace it with reckless abandon: true celebration, celebration of the heart. As my poem says, ”Lay down the great burden of hurried life…It is time to be set free.”
Tomorrow evening will be here soon. In our home the Christmas celebration begins by a special meal prior to our Christmas Eve church service. Our home is full of great anticipation! The traditions of Christmas are precious, are they not?
Early Morning
4 comments:
Yes, they are Jean!
Enjoy!
Jean,
I am so glad you are all healthy. I hope you and yours have a wonderful celebration of Christ's birth.
I appreciate being able to read your thoughts.
Warmly,
Diane
There was lots of nasty weather last night, and today. My car doors were frozen shut, so even if I wanted to go out for "last minute" things, I couldn't have. I'm so glad. We've had a nice quiet day together. I made cinnamon buns, and we have enjoyed staying warm!
Just a note that Jean in Wisc. has come down with the flu this evening, Thursday, We will be taking care of her this night and we will see how she feels in the morning.
Husband in Wisc.
Post a Comment