Saturday, January 15, 2005

Saturday

I had to ask my daughter what to talk about today. She said that I should let you know that Hug Me is due soon. Hug Me is the name of one of her cows. Last year she bore twins that came too early, and they did not survive. This year she is very large, and we are wondering if she is carrying twins again. Her mother, Kiss Me, is the cow we lost last spring. She has two sisters, Love Me and Kiss Me, Too. If we have the opportunity, we will try to get some pictures of the calving for you.

While I was sitting here, staring at the computer, Snowflake decided to join me. His little nose discovered that the catnip I had picked and dried last summer was sitting on the shelf next to my computer. At first I could not figure out why he was sitting here beside me with his nose wiggling while he made such a strange half-mewing and half-purring sound in his throat! I found an old sock and stuffed it. Should I assume that the wild look he has in his eye is a thank you?


Wild Thing Posted by Hello

No comments: