The other activity that did not get done today is my own time of devotions. I read a chapter in Proverbs together with the family, but I did not spend time in my Big Green Chair. Perhaps, as I settle into bed tonight, I’ll get my Bible out and read the next section in Psalm 119. My note taking and reading of Elisabeth Elliot’s book will have to wait until tomorrow morning. I’ll check my prayer notebook, but I must say time there will be abbreviated, too. Alas!
It took me a long time to learn to read my Bible daily. I did not even know that I “should” do so until I was in college. No one told me that it would be a wise thing to do, as far as I can remember. By the time I had my first baby, I had read the Bible through nearly a dozen times—I loved The One Year Bible. However, having children threw that schedule off, and I had to grab what I could get whenever I could get it. Now, once again, I am getting back into the habit of sitting before God and listening, meditating, and sharing with Him. It is a very good thing. I’ve taught my children to do this as soon as they could read or look at a picture book. I do not want them to get to college before the get into the habit of reading their Bibles!
Time for bed! Blessings to you all.

A window in my church.
1 comment:
College, already! It comes so quickly. Savor that beautiful young lady, and know that I keep you and yours in my prayers.
Enjoy finding more time for your time to meditate on the Lord. He has guided you in raising the little ones in Him, and now it's time to nurture yourself a bit more, as well.
Dy
Post a Comment