Monday, September 05, 2005


Missing. One long-haired male--white with orange spots. He insists on being loved, and he has a high-pitched squeeky mew. Answers to the name of Shakespeare. Last seen several weeks ago. Is he roaming or...? :-( Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Shakespeare, Shakespeare,
Wherefore art thou
O Shakespeare?

Anonymous said...

I guess that is the thing with cats...they can go away for a long time, make you worry, then show up and act like they did nothing wrong!! LOL! The nerve of those independent creatures. I hope that nothing has happened in a bad way.

I know that our wild cat, Bootsie, growing up would go away for long periods. I know that there were several times she had really gotten hurt (we thought the worst), she went away, and then many weeks later she came back mended and whole!

Kim said...

Awww, I'm sorry, Jean. We had a cat take off for a few days once. It isn't nice.

Hope he's okay.

Di said...

Jean,

Oh no. I LOVE your kitties, and I will hope and pray that Shakespeare is only off writing a new sonnet or otherwise bard-ing around happy and healthy. Keep us posted!

Diane

Patty in WA or Rover said...

I hope he comes back. We "lost" our kitty last year--turns out the neighbor didn't know she was ours and gave her away. (Longer story here, but that'll do.)

When she went away before, we put a can of tuna on the back porch and put a fan behind it to blow the fumes all over the neighborhood. I don't suppose that would be such a good idea in your situation, but it worked for us.

I still miss The Mooch.

Janie said...

Oh, Jean. I *know* how bad it is when our kitties are missing. I so hope that Shakespeare is only roaming and will return. I worry about our missing animals as much as I do about our children.

Patty in WA's lost-kitty story reminds me of the time when our little Gracie was in heat before we got her spayed. A beautiful, solid white male with one green eye and one blue eye hung around here in that cat-amorous mood so long that we figured he had adopted us. So we took him in and had him neutered. Turns out that he left after we brought him home and that he belongs to some people down the road. Guess they were surprised he didn't return "all there!"

Keep us updated!
Janie