I know from experience my body has a cycle of gaining and losing. Some weeks I can lose 2 lbs. where other weeks I gain 3. LOL! I figure if I put down the required weight on my calendar right now, then I can count the extra I lost one week as a success for the weeks I gain—as long as I keep at or below the number on my calendar. Does this make sense to you? I am told that the weight we take off slowly is weight that is most likely to stay off. This is pretty slow, I guess, considering it will be the end of April before I see the last of these 10 lbs. At that point I will reevaluate whether I need to set another goal or if that is where I want to remain.
So next Saturday I’ll let you know…
------------------------------------------------
Mystery Unveiled
While out walking a couple of days ago I came across several animal tracks, but most of them did not show up well enough to post. I took one nice print and cropped it, which made it appear much larger than it really was…and that is what you saw in yesterday’s posting—one kitty cat print taken from a long path of paw prints that I followed through the pine trees outside our home.
------------------------------------------------
Thoughts from my Big Green Chair
Psalm 61:4 “I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.”
It would be pleasant to know that all things were safe, never having to be concerned about our children, never to worry over health issues.
I know we live under the Shadow of the Almighty; we are always under His watchful eye. His promises for our security are eternal. The security He offers, however, is not always what we long for in the here–and-now.
Who was it that said that if we had all we longed for here on earth, we would be content to stay here rather than straining towards the goal, towards the time when we would be made perfect?
Blessings!
Friday morning's sunrise: Pink and blue
4 comments:
Hi all!
Jean just called and she wanted me to let you know that her phoneline is down and she is not able to fix her posts. She was right in the middle of it all and poof!
She'll be back as soon as her phone stops acting up!
Donna-Jean's assistant
Thanks, Donna and Juanita! I think I am up and running again--for now.
:-)Jean
I tried to post yesterday and couldn't figure out how to in Blogger? (I'll ask my 17 yo computer-wise son but I try to limit myself to a couple of questions a day).
I've been reading your blog for awhile after seeing it linked on TWTM high school forum. I wanted to post and say I really like your idea for .5 pounds per week weight loss goal. I'm going to join you in that. I have gained a few pounds since Christmas (after doing pretty well during the holidays, I went a bit wild after I'm thinking). I had already been thinking I should make it my goal to lose 20 pounds this year and KEEP IT OFF. I lost 10 last year and kept it off, so if I keep doing 10-20 pounds a year, I might be at my ultimate goal in another 3 or 4 years. Sigh.
Thanks for your warm and uplifting blog posts each day.
Sandy C.
Jean,
What a sunrise! I am so glad you include pictures on your blog.
My husband was disappointed to hear the animal track was a cat, not a polar bear (-:
Beautiful picture of you, by the way!
Take care,
Diane
Post a Comment