Wednesday, February 16, 2005

On Holiday!


My daughter made Valentine's Day goodies. Mmmmm. Posted by Hello

Each year I have a schedule I make for the school year. I sit down and decide when we are going to be traveling and when I think it would be best to take time off. When the school year gets underway, I find that I have to adjust the schedule to fit our needs--like today. I've declared the rest of the week a holiday. No school! I slept in late, and I plan to relax and do catch-up around the house. I'm getting an order together and plan to buy a number of the books we will use next year. I know I will need chemistry, Rainbow Science, and the key and test materials for Land of Fair Play. I have the English grammar books, but I need to buy two sets of math books--and a whole lot more. I'm trying to work my way through options for economics and government classes, and I will need to spend many hours working on literature. I enjoy the process of picking out materials.

Tonight we will have Lenten services. My husband will be filling in for our pastor who is on vacation. I'm sure he'd appreciate a few prayers for that if you think of it.

Thoughts from my Big Green Chair

May I write these thoughts even if I was not sitting in the green chair?

Micah 6:8 "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of You? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Someone put these words to music, and at times I find myself humming the tune. Often what God requires can be stated simply: Act justly, love mercy , walk humbly. I have a mixed reaction to such simplicity--at first I become aware of how complex I have made such a simple thing; then I realize how often I fail at justice, mercy and humility.

Simplicity. I think I'll ponder that this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simplicity--what a great topic to think on. Sometimes it's good to take a week off. One of the beauties of homeschooling is that we can take those weeks off when they work best for our families.