Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Tonight I stayed home from Ash Wednesday service. I don’t know if I have stayed up late one too many times or if I am trying to fight off a bug, but I was feeling a bit under-the-weather. I curled up in bed with a book but was disturbed by the spit and growl of a catfight outside my window. I looked and called, but I could not find who was fighting—a neighbor’s Tomcat has been here a little too often and he is always picking a fight on my fuzzy friends. Later, Ears came in with a bloody face. I washed him up and put some of the medicine I have for their eyes on his wounds since the scratches were too close to his eye for other meds. Dear, Ears! Will you be a little less determined to defend your territory? Please?


Ears on a better day Posted by Hello

Thoughts from my Big Green Chair

Psalm 73:3, 17 “I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked…till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.”

We do not need to look far to find situations around us where the unrighteous prevail. Humble, honest folk suffer because of the evils done by immoral men. All the sorrows we experience can be traced back to the hubris of man. At times I wish to cry, “Enough! Oh, God! It is time for your justice to reign!” I ask Him why He is waiting and plead with Him to end the pain.

Gently He pushes his way into my mind, and I become aware that I am considered righteous only because of His sacrifice; He is waiting for the rest of his people to be gathered to Himself.

He is faithful.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hope you're feeling better today, Jean. And I hope dear old Shakespeare's nose improves!