Our ladies in the hen house are out for a stroll.
Plan of Attack
This being the 1st week of my attempt to lose some weight, I’ve decided not to start everything at the same time. My aging body would not put up with it, even if I did—I already have a blister on the back of my heel from wearing the wrong pair of boots on my last hike to the woods! I am going to do four things: I will increase the amount of sleep I get (I’ll try to add ½ hour to my nights), I will increase the amount of water I drink (I’m going to fill my 4 cup water jug twice a day), I am going to walk daily (I quit doing that several months ago), and I am going to slightly decrease my food intake. For now I only plan to eat a little less—rather than measuring servings and counting calories, I plan to skip seconds (I’ll learn to savor my 1st’s instead), and avoid snacks. I may not be able to eliminate all eating in between meals, but I will not nibble as I walk through the kitchen!
In the next few weeks I will have to get my weights out, review serving sizes, and go back to those ol’ sit-ups. By the way, at the end of the 10 lbs., I plan to take another several weeks to learn what I need to do to stay at that weight. It will do me no good to lose it if I cannot plateau there, right? Then if I decide I need to lose some more, I will have at least gotten this much under control—or so the plan goes…
Now if only I hadn’t started the week with an early Valentine’s Day gift from my hubby—a package of mints from my favorite candy store. Sigh. They were wonderful!
---------------------------------------------
School Days
School is going well. I do think that we will be doing some subjects into the summer, but the work we have gotten done has been very good. I’m glad we did Fallacy Detective instead of Art of Argument. I like the d’Angelo book, Composition in the Classical Tradition, for helping me teach the progymnasmata. I really like the material in the Rod & Staff spelling program. Bethany is enjoying Spielvogel’s World History: The Human Odyssey and JM seems to be enjoying A History of US. I like the literature selections the children have been reading, but I am going to have to change their schedules—I’ve planned too much as usual! Making Math Meaningful is the 1st math book my son has been able to do on his own, and Rainbow Science has been perfect for Jacob and me. This is a good year!
----------------------------------------------
Thoughts from my Big Green Chair
Last night as I read my Bible, a song we use to sing suddenly began to bubble up inside me. I do not know if what I remember is accurate, but it went like this:
Teach me Thy way, O Lord,
Teach me Thy way!
Not be all else afford,
Teach me Thy way!
Help me to walk aright—
More by faith, less by sight.
Guide me through heavenly light.
Teach me Thy way!
“Not be all else afford…” May this be our prayer!
Blessings.
P.S. The mystery track: Mr. Turkey, himself. Good guesses!
4 comments:
I took a nice walk today with Katie and her little friend Laoni. I am so happy to have logged a trip around the block :o)
Great chicken photo!
Jean,
Just to let you know, you are not alone with your weight loss plans. I have lost ten pounds, but how much easier those ten are if they are only the FIRST ten. I have quite a ways to go...but I am determined. I laughed out loud at the "cooking something I don't like" idea. I have done the same thing.
I am sure I have read here or at WTM about what camera you use, but I would love to know again. Your pictures are lovely.
Warmly,
Diane
Diane,
I hope you find this here--I have a Sony Cyber-shot Smart Zoom DSC-P52. I am looking to update when the new Sony series comes out in May. I'd like to have one with a better zoom.
It has a lot of features--you can either have them set on auto or you have several settings to choose from. I usually leave it on auto unless I'm looking for special features for a specific photo. I do like the setting for lights--includes florescent and incandescent (sp?), sunny, cloudy... I can set the focus to be .5 meters to infinity--I've found this is great when the camera wants to focus on the wrong thing and gets what I want in the picture out of focus! I can change the light setting, slow it down for night photos, use it on a tripod...lots and lots of options. I really like this camera!
Jean
I found it -- thanks, Jean. Sounds like a great thing to start dropping hints about (-:
Diane
Post a Comment